S(K)Y Hemispherical Surround is the world’s first 3D rendering system that does not require re-mixing, special room measurements, or new hardware. S(K)Y upmixes any source format in 3D surround, to as many as 256 channels with immersive realism, and is interoperable with all formats.
S(K)Y Unique Features and Benefits:
- Scalable: the number of output channels is completely independent of the number of origin channels.
- Transform-based: spatial attributes are applied over hundreds of spectra in the frequency domain resulting in significant improvement in performance over purely time domain architectures.
- Immune to Corrupt Metadata: Object-based systems will not survive the various compression workflows of modern broadcast and streaming ecosystems.
- Transferable in PCM
- Edit and Rendering Capable
- Carries Information in a 2ch Multiplex
- Compatible with Legacy Content and Legacy Hardware
- Minimal to zero Workflow Impact
The S(K)Y Difference
The only 3D Audio technology in the world that can render up to 256 channels of hemispherical surround from a 2 channel source.
The S(K)Y System extracts height information from ALL content (DVD, gaming console, compressed, live streaming) and renders it to the appropriate aerial channels using predefined, editable image maps.
S(K)Y content is mixable in 2 channels and does not rely on metadata. Instead it uses real time cross-correlation to track 256 mix elements in real time
S(K)Y is also scalable so it will work with as little as 2 sound bars for easier, less invasive in-home setup.